Cannellini (Cannellini [kan-l-ee-nee;) White Kidney Bean Soup; a blend of freshly cooked vegetables served piping hot. Great to compliment sandwiches.
In a 2 qt. saucepan bring the 3/4 cup water to a boil, then add the carrots, celery, onion and Mrs. Dash seasoning. Turn heat down and simmer till carrots are tender.
Open Cannellini beans and stir (undrained) beans into the pan with the simmering vegetables. Add the liquid smoke and bring to simmer, completing the cooking for approximately 25 minutes. Makes two generous servings.
You can compliment this Cannellini Bean Soup with grilled cheese sandwich. Makes nice lunch.
Estimated Cost Breakdown: Of course estimates will vary over the Country because local prices.
- 1 can 15.5 oz. Beans purchased on sale.
- 1/2 cup diced fresh carrots
- 1/3 cup diced fresh celery
- 1/4 cup diced fresh onions purchase in bulk approx.
- 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Liquid Smoke
- Estimate Total Cost for two servings $ 0.78
- TOTAL ESTD COST PER SERVING $ 0.39
There is no Nutrition Label for this recipe yet.